Looks delicious, doesn't it?!? Served with some cheddar mashed potatoes and steamed mixed veggies and you have a super easy meal. Now on to the good stuff!
Drunken Pork Steaks adapted from Siggy Spice
4 pork steaks (or 4-6 pork chops if you prefer)
12 oz beer (whatever you have will work all I had was Budweiser and it worked great!)
1/3 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
seasoned salt and pepper to taste
1 TBS cornstarch
2 TBS cold water
- Rinse pork, pat dry, and season with the seasoned salt and pepper
- Coat the bottom of the pan with some olive oil and heat over medium-high heat
- When the oil shimmers brown the pork on both sides, about 5 minutes on each side
- Remove and set aside
- In a small bowl whisk together sugar, ketchup, and beer
- Pour into the hot skillet and scrape up the browned bits
- Add the pork back to the skillet, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer
- Simmer for about 30-45 minutes, or until tender and cooked through
- Meanwhile mix cornstarch and water in a small bowl
- When pork is done remove and set aside
- Slowly whisk the cornstarch mixture into the boiling sauce and cook until thickened and bubbly
- Remove from heat, place the pork back in the sauce, and turn to coat
Super easy and the sauce is incredible! Definitely give this a try. I am not a beer drinker...actually no one in my house is and we all enjoyed it!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields 4 servings.