I normally make this with regular breakfast sausage, but I got my hands on some bacon breakfast sausage. HELLO?!? You should all know my love of bacon by now...lol. No one was near as happy as my two guys though. There is just something about bacon sausage just made their days a whole lot better!
Sausage Breakfast Bake
1/3 cup sour cream
1 lb crumbled breakfast sausage
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
1 onion, diced
2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
8 oz shredded cheese
- In a bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream
- Pour in a greased 9x13 baking dish
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until eggs are just beginning to set
- Meanwhile brown sausage until cooked through
- Add onions and green peppers until softened, about 5 minutes, drain, and set aside
- Top the egg mixture with tomatoes then sausage and finally the cheese
- Reduce oven temp to 325 and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
This is really yummy and super easy! Top with some salsa, sour cream, or even avocado. Whatever you decide I am sure it will be delicious!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields approximately 12 servings.
What I am Eating - Townsend House