I am loving all the local bounty including the local meat market. I picked up a couple of pounds of bacon last week and have been putting it in everything! I haven't heard a single complaint all week. Somehow everything is better with bacon!
Bacon Wrapped Asparagus
1 lb asparagus
5 slices of bacon
a few grinds of fresh black pepper
olive oil for drizzling
- Wash and trim asparagus so they are all the same length
- Lightly coat the asparagus with olive oil and season with black pepper
- Bundle 4-5 asparagus spears and wrap with each bundle with a slice of bacon then secure the end with a toothpick
- Line a baking pan with aluminum foil and place bundles in the pan
- Roast in a 400 degree oven for 10 minutes
- Flip and roast for an additional 10 minutes or until bacon is cooked through
If you love bacon then you need to give this recipe a try! This is such an effortless side dish and full of flavor.
Below is the nutritional value per bundle. This recipe yields 5 bundles,