Everyone loves steak in my house. My youngest eats A1 on it no matter what the flavor is, my oldest will inhale it however it is prepared, and my husband feels steak is ruined by any kind of steak sauce. Me I just require it be medium-rare :)
I think this would be great sliced thin and placed in warm tortillas with some cheese. My husband Cut his into cubes and put it in his salad. Whatever you decide this is a wonderful marinade and the steak is cooked perfectly!
Southwestern Flank Steak
1.5 lbs flank steak
juice of 2 limes
3 cloves minced garlic
1/2 TBS dried cilantro
1/2 TBS dried parsley
1/2 tsp salt
1 TBS ground cumin
1 TBS paprika
pinch of cayenne pepper
1 TBS olive oil
- In a small bowl whisk together all ingredients except for flank steak
- Place flank steak in a ziploc bag and add the marinade
- Rub marinade into steak and refrigerate overnight and up to 48 hours
- To prepare line a cookie sheet with foil and place steak on the pan
- Place steak in the oven on the second rack from the top and broil for 7 minutes
- Flip the steak and broil for another 7 minutes
- Remove from oven, place on a cutting board, tent with foil, and allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing
Easy peasy! Not to mention delicious!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields approximately 6 servings.