Beef Tips & Noodles
2 lbs cubed beef (any cheap cut will work)
1 TBS minced garlic
1 small onion, diced
2 TBS olive oil
1 cup beef broth
1/2 cup red wine
2 TBS cornstarch
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can mushrooms
1 packet beefy onion soup mix (plain onion soup mix works fine as well)
16 oz egg noodles (mashed potatoes or whatever you have on hand)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Brown beef in 2 TBS oil and season as desired (I used pepper, onion powder, garlic powder)
- Remove from pan. Add onions and saute until onions are translucent
- Add garlic and saute for about 1 minute
- In a small bowl combine broth and cornstarch
- Add beef broth, wine, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup, and mushrooms to the skillet. Bring to a boil and reduce for approximately 5 minutes.
- Combine soup mixture and beef and place in a casserole dish
- Make sure the beef is coated well, cover, and bake in a preheated oven for 2 hours NO PEEKING!
- Uncover, stir, and continue to bake for another hour
- While beef is cooking prepare noodles as directed on package. Serve beef and sauce over noodles.
One of my favorites. This is such a comforting meal. Beefy and hearty :) Well worth the time and effort!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields approximately 8 servings.