Creamy Chicken Enchiladas adapted from AllRecipes.com
1 can cream of chicken soup
1-1/4 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp chili powder
1 package of boneless skinless chicken (approximately 1-1/2 lbs)
1 TBS butter
1 4oz can diced green chile's, drained
2-3 TBS green onion, diced
1 small onion diced
2/3 cup water
1 package taco seasoning (or 2-3 homemade taco seasoning)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 TBS lime juice
1 package tortillas
3 cups shredded cheese
1 can enchilada sauce
2-3 TBS green onion, diced (for topping)
4 oz sliced black olives, drained
- Place chicken in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Shred chicken by placing two forks back to back and pulling meat apart or roughly chop
- Set chicken aside and combine soup, sour cream, and chili powder in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over low heat and stir frequently.
- While sauce is heating, heat butter in a skillet. Add chopped onion and saute until translucent. Add the chicken, chopped green chile's, green onion, water, and taco seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in lime juice, garlic powder, and onion powder; simmer for an additional 10 minutes (add more water if needed).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir approximately 1 cup of the soup mixture in with the chicken mixture. Spread the remaining soup mixture in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla with chicken mixture and shredded cheese, fold, and place seam side down in the prepared pan.
- Once all the enchiladas are in the pan pour enchilada sauce evenly over the enchiladas. Top with the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with the green onions and black olives, then bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, approximately 25 minutes.
These are simply delicious! The filling is so creamy and there is just the right amount of spice so the kids even enjoy them. Definitely give this one a try!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields approximately 10 servings.