|Hot Cocoa Cookie|
|Hot Cocoa Bites|
|Hot Cocoa Cookies|
Hot Cocoa Cookies
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup marshmallow fluff
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup mini marshmallows (and extras to top cookies with)
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until fluffy.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl until combined.
- Slowly add flour mixture to creamed mixture (about 1/2 cup at a time) until well blended. This put my stand mixer to the test. This is a very thick and sticky dough.
- Stir in marshmallow fluff. The best way is to use your hands this is a very thick dough.
- Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows. Cover dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. When oven is ready then take the dough out of the refrigerator and roll into 1 inch balls. Place on cookie sheet or in a mini muffin pan (do not grease pans, but make sure you are using a good non-stick pan).
- Bake for approximately 7-9 minutes. The ones on the muffin tin I baked for 9 minutes, but the ones on the cookie sheet I only baked for 7 minutes.
- When you take the cookies from the oven top with three mini marshmallows. If you want gooey marshmallows then place back in the oven for 1 minute. The ones in the muffin tin got gooey without having to put back in the oven.
- Cool the cookies in the refrigerator for 15 minutes before removing from the baking sheet. These cookies are very sticky and gooey from the marshmallows so they need to be cooled before removing otherwise they will stick and fall apart.
- Transfer to wire racks to cool completely for about 30 minutes.