Yum! Peanut Butter Treasures are my FAVORITE cookie! There is just something about them...peanut butter cookies with Reese's peanut butter cups....how can they go wrong? These are pretty easy and in my opinion no cookie platter is complete without them ;)
Peanut Butter Treasures
1-3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1/2 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
1 Egg, Beaten
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 TBS Milk
Miniature Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Cups, Unwrapped (store in the freezer while cookies bake to prevent chocolate from melting into a puddle)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl sift together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, peanut butter, and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg, vanilla, and milk. Add the flour mixture and mix well (I add little bits at a time about 1/2 cup to make it easier).
- Shape into small balls and place each in a lined mini-muffin pan cup.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately press in a mini peanut butter cup into each ball.
- Place pan in the fridge for about 15 minutes to help cool and to prevent chocolate from melting completely.
- Remove cookies from pan and cool completely on a wire rack