Monday, May 14, 2012

Honey Spiced Chicken

I love a sweet and spicy dish so I was excited to give this one a try.  I found this recipe for Honey Spiced Glazed Chicken over at Nutmeg Nanny and thought it looked fabulous.  I did change it up slightly just to suit our tastes and needs. 



Honey Spiced Chicken
2-2.5 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1/2 TBS Chili Powder
2 tsp Paprika
1/2 TBS Granulated Garlic (or garlic powder would be fine)
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 Cup Honey
2 TBS Cider Vinegar
  • Combine all the spices and mix well
  • Rub spice mixture generously over chicken
  • Place chicken on a foil lined cookie sheet (I lined a cookie sheet with foil and placed a wire cooling rack on top and cooked my chicken on the rack) and place in a preheated 400 degree oven and bake for 15 minutes
  • Meanwhile combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl
  • After 15 minutes brush both sides of the chicken with honey mixture making sure you coat well
  • Place chicken back in the oven for another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through
This is an easy dish to prepare and goes perfect with the Roasted Cauliflower we had tonight.  I think this would be great on the grill too, but I don't have one.  When we move next month we should be buying a grill.  Just in time for summer grilling season! 

Below is the nutritional value for 1 chicken thigh.  My package contained 10 chicken thighs.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 169 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
279
Calories from Fat
126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
14.0g
22%
Saturated Fat
4.4g
22%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
88mg
29%
Sodium
461mg
19%
Total Carbohydrates
18.0g
6%
Sugars
16.1g
Protein
21.6g
Vitamin A 11%Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 0%Iron 7%
Nutrition Grade D-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Bad points

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!