Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip

I was suppose to make a nice spinach salad with a berry vinaigrette today, but I was not feeling it.  For some reason I am really wanting snacky, appetizer type dinners.  Maybe because they are easy with minimal preparation or maybe because I enjoy the easy going atmosphere they tend to create.  Either way I decided to make a buffalo chicken dip served with a variety of dipping goodies such as celery, carrots, organic blue corn tortilla chips, and melba snacks....yum!

However, there are tons of high calorie, high fat, and just plain not good for you ingredients in the original dip so I had to fix it up a little.  I made a few changes and realistically if you wanted an even healthier dip you could use mozzarella instead of blue cheese.  Me though...I can't skip the blue cheese.  I just love it and I don't get it too often so mine still has it :)  Alright lets get started with the good stuff!

A screen shot of my plate..no carrots though because I am not fan of whole raw carrots (not sure why...just never liked them)

A close up of the yummy goodness!


Skinny Buffalo Chicken Dip
4 oz Reduced Fat Cream Cheese, softened
1 Cup Greek Yogurt
1/2 Cup Franks Hot Sauce (or other hot sauce you like)
1/2 Cup Crumbled Blue Cheese
1 tsp White Vinegar
2 Cups Cooked Shredded Chicken

  • Mix everything except chicken together until smooth
  • Add chicken and combine
  • Place in a crock pot and cook on low for 3-4 hours (or bake in 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly)
  • Serve hot with all your selected dippers :)
This makes about 10 servings that are 1/2 cup each.  Below is the nutritional value for each serving without dippers.  Just be prepared for everyone to want seconds.  Even my family who despise anything with spice in it.  

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 74 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
104
Calories from Fat
49
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
5.4g
8%
Saturated Fat
3.2g
16%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
36mg
12%
Sodium
486mg
20%
Total Carbohydrates
1.5g
1%
Sugars
1.4g
Protein
12.0g
Vitamin A 4%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 8%Iron 2%
Nutrition Grade B-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points
Bad points

2 comments:

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!