The thing with wilted spinach is that it takes on just about any flavor very well. Get creative and top with some grated parmesan cheese or juice a lemon over it. You won't regret this dish and with all the nutrients and vitamins you will really be smiling!
10-16 oz of Fresh Baby Spinach (I used what I had left, about 10 oz)
1 TBS Olive Oil
2 tsp Minced Garlic, or 2-3 cloves
salt and pepper to taste (even red pepper flakes would be good if you want a kick!)
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant (if using red pepper flakes add it now too!)
- Add spinach, toss to coat, and cook for about 2-3 minutes until spinach is fully wilted
- Use a slotted spoon to serve
- At this time you can add some lemon juice, butter, salt/pepper, or parmesan cheese to bump up the flavor a bit
The spinach really takes on the flavor of the garlic and there is just a really nice fresh zip to it! If you haven't tried fresh wilted spinach I am urging you to give this a try. It is nothing like canned or frozen and it takes literally no time to make.
This recipe yields about 4 servings and the nutritional information is for 1 serving. Make sure you check out all the great health highlights of this side dish too!