This recipe for hungarian goulash is a simple recipe with tons of flavor. I had two steaks in the freezer and decided to chop those up and use them in this recipe. It was excellent! Everyone enjoyed it and I look forward to eating the leftovers tomorrow for lunch. Hopefully I get to them first.
1 Onion, diced
1 Green Pepper, seeded and diced
1-1/2 to 2 lbs Stew Meat (or whatever you have on hand)
2 tsp Caraway Seeds
2 TBS Sweet Paprika
1 TBS Dried Parsley
1/2 tsp Sea Salt (or table salt)
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1 - 14 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
1 - 14 oz Can Beef Broth
2 TBS Worcestershire Sauce
2 tsp Minced Garlic
2 Bay Leaves
2 TBS Cornstarch
1/4 Cup Cold Water
- Place beef, caraway seeds, paprika, salt, pepper, and parsley in crock pot
- Stir to combine
- Combine tomatoes, beef broth, garlic, and worcestershire sauce in a small bowl and combines
- Pour tomato mixture over beef mixture top with bay leaves and cook on high for 4-6 hours
- 15 minutes before serving combine cornstarch and water and stir into goulash to allow to thicken (you could also try using instant mashed potato flakes 1-2 TBS until you reach desired consistency)
- Serve over noodles or rice and ENJOY!
Such a simple way to enjoy a favorite classic. One of my favorites. It smells wonderful and it is just a comforting meal. Don't let this hot weather stop you from enjoying a great meal :)
Below is the nutritional value per serving (without noodles or rice). This recipe yields approximately 8 servings.