We just got back yesterday from our family vacation. It was wonderful! I didn't take my laptop with me and we really enjoyed our time together as a family. We spent a few days in Hill City, South Dakota. It was beautiful and the cabin was AMAZING! Just check it out...
We did all the touristy things you do in South Dakota like Wall Drug, Corn Palace, and of course Mt Rushmore. We also spent quite a bit of time in the Badlands which was just breath taking! My daughter and I went horse back riding in the Black hills and were able to see some beautiful scenery including the mountains. My little one enjoyed his time at Old Mac Donald's Farm and my husband took many, many scenic pictures. Here's a couple pics of some of the beautiful places we went.
|The Black Hills|
|Herd of Buffalo at Cuter State Park|
|Me and the kiddos at Mt Rushmore|
All in all it was a wonderful vacation and South Dakota has easily become our favorite spot to go. We can't wait to go back! But back to reality now. Which means cooking, cleaning, groceries, and all that fun stuff.
I really am not complaining because after eating quick meals and going to restaurants I was ready for something homemade and light. So I decided on a quick veggie and pasta meal.
Spinach, Tomato, & Feta Rotini
1 Box of Rotini, prepared as directed on box
1 TBS Olive Oil
1/2 Spanish Onion, sliced into thin strips
1 tsp Dried Oregano
1 TBS Minced Garlic (or 1-1/2 if you're like me and LOVE garlic!)
1 16 oz container Cherry Tomatoes, halved
2 TBS White Wine Vinegar
3 Cups Baby Spinach
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
1/2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper
1/2 tsp Sea Salt
1 TBS Olive Oil
Feta Cheese for sprinkling on top
- Heat 1 TBS olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat
- Add onions and oregano and cook until lightly browned, about 8-10 minutes
- Add garlic and cook for about 1 minute
- Once garlic is fragrant add cherry tomatoes and white wine vinegar and cook until tomatoes are soft, about 3-5 minutes
- Add cooked pasta and spinach and cook for about 3 minutes or until spinach begins to wilt
- Remove from heat then stir in parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and remaining olive oil
- Top with crumbled feta cheese and enjoy!
See how easy this is?!? Plus it is incredibly light and delicious. Just what everyone needed after eating all that heavy food on vacation :)
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields approximately 6 servings.