Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Maple Dill Carrots

I don't know why, but I bought a HUGE bag of carrots.  I really didn't need that big of a bag and I personally am not fond of them.  So who knows what I was thinking.  Oh well if there are any left over this weekend we can go feed the Elk and Buffalo.  I am sure the kids won't complain :)

The only way I ever eat carrots are cooked in a roast, stew, or candied.  I really wanted to try something different so when I found this recipe for Maple Dill Carrots on Allrecipes I decided to give it a try.  The funny thing about this recipe is there is no maple in it???  Oh well...I'm not one to let that stop me so I continued on.



Maple Dill Carrots
6 Large Carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1/2" pieces)
2 TBS Butter
2 TBS Brown Sugar
3/4 tsp Dried Dill
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
  1. Place carrots in a saucepan and put enough water in to just cover
  2. Bring to a boil and cook until carrots are tender (about 15-20 minutes)
  3. Drain carrots
  4. In the same saucepan melt butter
  5. Then add brown sugar, dill, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat
  6. Add carrots and continue to cook for about 5 minutes so the sauce becomes "syrupy"
Pretty easy and a nice change from candied carrots.  I enjoyed them and so did everyone else so maybe we won't be feeding the buffalo and elk after all ;)

Nutritional value is per serving.  This recipe yields approximately 6 servings.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 81 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
76
Calories from Fat
36
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
4.0g
6%
Saturated Fat
2.5g
12%
Trans Fat
0.0g
Cholesterol
10mg
3%
Sodium
272mg
11%
Total Carbohydrates
10.0g
3%
Dietary Fiber
2.1g
8%
Sugars
6.3g
Protein
0.8g
Vitamin A 243%Vitamin C 7%
Calcium 3%Iron 2%
Nutrition Grade B
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet

Nutritional Analysis

Good points
Bad points

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!