The only way I ever eat carrots are cooked in a roast, stew, or candied. I really wanted to try something different so when I found this recipe for Maple Dill Carrots on Allrecipes I decided to give it a try. The funny thing about this recipe is there is no maple in it??? Oh well...I'm not one to let that stop me so I continued on.
Maple Dill Carrots
6 Large Carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1/2" pieces)
2 TBS Butter
2 TBS Brown Sugar
3/4 tsp Dried Dill
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- Place carrots in a saucepan and put enough water in to just cover
- Bring to a boil and cook until carrots are tender (about 15-20 minutes)
- Drain carrots
- In the same saucepan melt butter
- Then add brown sugar, dill, salt, and pepper and cook over high heat
- Add carrots and continue to cook for about 5 minutes so the sauce becomes "syrupy"
Pretty easy and a nice change from candied carrots. I enjoyed them and so did everyone else so maybe we won't be feeding the buffalo and elk after all ;)
Nutritional value is per serving. This recipe yields approximately 6 servings.