This dish is so simple it is ridiculous! I am sure it can be done in the crock pot, but I choose to make it in the oven. Habit I suppose :) All you do is brown your meat in some oil and then start layering into a large casserole dish. I will give the measurements I use for my family, but you can adjust it to however you want.
Baked Chicken and Vegetables adapted from A Cozy Place Called Home
4 chicken thighs (I used bone-in, but you can use boneless chicken breast, cut up chicken, or even pork)
8 oz baby carrots
3 small potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large chunks
1 small onion, quartered
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp ground sage
1 TBS thyme
1 cup chicken broth
2 TBS cornstarch
- Brown your meat in some hot oil and then place in a casserole dish
- Top with carrots, potatoes, and onions
- Season with salt, pepper, ground sage, and thyme
- Mix chicken broth and cornstarch then pour over top
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes (Time will depend on the meat you use for example bone-in will take longer than boneless so account for that when you are cooking this. The best bet is to use a meat thermometer) at 375 or until chicken is done and veggies are tender
Easy peasy! You can't beat that at all! This is such a simple dish, but it tastes incredible! Add whatever you like and enjoy!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields 4 servings.