We love chicken pot pie's! Well almost any kind really...beef, turkey, vegetable...yum! When I was browsing AllRecipes.com and saw this recipe I knew I had to give it a try. It looked so comforting and just plain delicious. Plus it is made in the crock pot so that really sold me on this recipe!
This is an incredibly versatile dish. You can add whatever veggies you like and leave out what you don't like. Serve it over mashed potatoes, noodles, biscuits, or leave it and eat like a soup. Completely up to you :)
Chicken Pot Pie Stew adapted from AllRecipes.com
3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
4 small potatoes, peeled and diced
6 medium carrots, peeled and diced
2 celery ribs, diced
1 small onion, diced
2 10.5 oz cream of chicken soup
2 chicken bouillon cubes
1/4 tsp celery seed
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp black pepper
8 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- Combine everything except frozen vegetables in a slow cooker
- Add 1 1/2 cans of water (about 2 cups) and mix everything until combined
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours
- Add frozen vegetables and cook an addition 1-2 hours
- 15 minutes before serving you can add a slurry of cornstarch and cold water to the mix to thicken it up a bit. I wanted this pretty thick to serve over biscuits so I added about 1/4 cup cornstarch and enough cold water to make a slurry (about 1/2 cup water)
Easy, easy, easy! This is so comforting and delicious and did I mention easy!?! Chopping and cubing everything is the most time consuming part and that isn't even that bad! This also makes a ton so if your family is small you may want to consider halving the recipe.
Below is the nutritional value per serving (just the stew no noodles or biscuits). This recipe yields approximately 10 servings.