For lunch today we had homemade Chicken Caesar Salad with a homemade Caesar Vinaigrette. I had a little bit leftover and figured, hey...that would go great with my Chicken Rigatoni Florentine!
After a very busy weekend and today being so scorching hot this is the perfect meal. Not too much cooking or time in the kitchen. Even though I love being in the kitchen, when it is hot and muggy like today I really don't want to spend too much time in there.
1 tsp Salt
1 Package Rigatoni Pasta
1 Package Frozen Spinach
2 TBS Olive Oil
3 Cloves Garlic, minced
1 - 28 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/8 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
2 TBS Dried Basil Leaves
1 TBS Dried Oregano
3 Green Onions, chopped
1/2 Cup Evaporate Milk
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked and diced
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Prepare pasta according to package after about 9 minutes stir in frozen spinach and cook until pasta is tender
- Meanwhile in a large non-stick skillet heat oil and garlic over medium heat until garlic begins to sizzle and brown
- Stir in tomatoes, baking soda, seasonings, and chicken simmer for about 5 minutes to blend flavors
- Add evaporated milk along with the green onions and simmer to reduce, about 10 minutes
- Drain pasta, then add sauce and cheese tossing well to coat
This is a great dish that is easy and flavorful. Serve with a fresh side salad to round out the meal. Yum!