Thursday, March 29, 2012

Better For You Peanut Butter Cookies

I have been wanting to try flour less peanut butter cookies for quite a while now and I figured now would be the perfect time.  The hubby and I still have this bet to become more fit and healthier, but I LOVE my sweets.  So instead of banning myself from them I decided to find better alternatives.

These are probably the easiest cookie to make...EVER!  I mean seriously 5 ingredients?!?  How many times do you run into that.  Not to mention the calories, fat, and carbs are all cut down.  YAY!  Now to make sure I can have some self control and not eat the entire batch :)


Better For You Peanut Butter Cookies
1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Packed Light Brown Sugar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Egg

Now onto the hard work...lol

  • Grab your ingredients, toss them in a bowl, mix them well and then roll them into 1/2 inch balls
You could just pop them in the oven at this point, but if you're like me you love the little criss-cross fork marks that are signature for peanut butter cookies.

Just take your fork and gently press into each cookie to get the pretty pattern :)

See everything just looks so right this way ;)
  • Now everything is right in the world and we are ready to bake our beauties!  Place them in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 7 minutes.  They will start to crack and smell very yummy!
  • Let them sit on the pan for a couple of minutes and then transfer to a wire cooling rack
That's it!  Can't get much easier :)  How about we take a peek at a few more pics of this wonderful pieces of heaven?!?

Don't they just look gorgeous!
mmmmmm....
Now onto the nutritional value...obviously these are cookies so they won't be great for you, but they are better than the alternative. The perfect way for me to satisfy my sweet tooth without killing my diet.  

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 15 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories 
72
Calories from Fat 
40
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 
4.4g
7%
Saturated Fat 
0.9g
4%
Trans Fat 
0.0g
Cholesterol 
6mg
2%
Sodium 
64mg
3%
Total Carbohydrates 
6.6g
2%
Dietary Fiber 
0.5g
2%
Sugars 
5.5g
Protein 
2.1g
Vitamin A 0%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 1%Iron 1%
Nutrition Grade D-
* Based on a 2000 calorie diet



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous! You should never have to cut sweets out of your diet. There are always healthier alternatives :) Looks like a great recipe. My husband loves anything peanut butter! Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Totally banning sweets would definitely set me up for failure ;)

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!