Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Greek Salsa Chicken

Featured on:


The Stuff of Success




Nap-Time Creations


On my quest to continue and find new, fresh meals to prepare for my family I found this great recipe for Greek Salsa Chicken at Sweet Pea's Kitchen and knew we had to give it a try.  It will fit in nicely with my Oven Roasted Greek Potatoes.

I must admit I am starting to become scared of cooking because once again when I tried to cook last night my stove shot sparks at me.  This time it wasn't as scary, but it shorted out the stove and I couldn't cook.  I now have a sorta new stove.  Older than the one we had, but better than the one I had....I think.  The apartment wanted to just fix my stove and that really didn't sit well with me so I got a stove from a vacant apartment.  I just pray that this one doesn't give me fits or else I may have to give up cooking before I blow myself and our building up.

Anyway...time to get to the good stuff :)



Greek Salsa Chicken from Sweet Pea's Kitchen
3 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 TBS Olive Oil
2 Lemons, cut into wedges
Salt and Pepper to taste
4 oz Crumbled Feta Cheese
1 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved (I used what I had left and added 2 roma tomatoes, diced and seeded to make 1 cup)
1/4 cup Pitted Kalamata Olives
2 TBS Dried Parsley
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Olive Oil
1/2 TBS Dried Oregano

  • In a large bowl combine feta, tomatoes, olives, parsley, lemon juice, 1/4 cup olive oil, and oregano then cover and chill in the refrigerator
  • Heat remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat and sear chicken on each side for about 3-5 minutes

  • Place chicken in a baking dish
  • Squeeze lemon wedges over chicken and then place wedges around chicken and roast in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20-30 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked
  • Plate chicken and top with salsa

This was just an all around fabulous meal!  If you remember I have some folks in my house who do not like kalamata olives.  I purposely left them big so they could pass them to me :)  Everyone seemed to love this and I could see using leftovers on top a bed of romaine or even wrapped in a tortilla or pita bread.  Enjoy!


Linked to:

Permanent Posies  Ms. enPlace The Sweet Spot Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays Mandy‘s Recipe Box Things that make you say: mop it up mondays The Girl Creative Skip To My Lou Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Making your home sing Mondays The DIY Dreamer Passionately Artistic It's Overflowing The Stuff of Success Cheap Recipes and Money-Saving Tips 52 Mantels Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Thrifty Texas Penny Mrs Happy Homemaker I Heart Nap Time Mixitup Our Delightful Home Photobucket Gluten Free pantry

39 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks beautiful. I'd love to give this dish a try. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love people share my stuff :) Definitely give it a try it is wonderful!

      Delete
  2. That sounds so good. I will have to make it. It looks like an expensive dish. I'm glad it's not. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I love Greek food because it has such simple flavors and it's not too bad on the pocket book because of all the simple ingredients :)

      Delete
  3. This looks amazing!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good. I may just have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This chicken looks delicious! I would love for you to share this tasty recipe this week on Allergy-Free Wednesdays if you get a chance: http://www.glutenfreepantry.blogspot.com/p/allergy-free-wednesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite! I will definitely hop on over there :)

      Delete
  7. We love Greek food, and this sounds delicious...a must try. I linked from Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, and have joined your blog. Patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a new found love for Greek food. It is really amazing and such simple flavors that we all love :) Welcome and have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  8. I LOVE Greek food... and this looks like it's a must try recipe!

    Thank you so very much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all the great flavors in Greek dishes :) I hope you try it and I am sure you will enjoy it!

      Delete
  9. Wow! I'm Greek (you know, a native one) -- I can tell you, this is not exactly a traditional recipe, but it could have been :)
    Aaaaall the ingredients are 100% Greek taste and, just by reading it, I Know the combination will work perfectly!
    I think I'll try it one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure it is "Americanized" a bit ;) I am new to Greek cuisine and am now wondering why in the world I haven't gone outside of the Gyro until recently. Everyone loved this combo here and I look forward to trying more Greek flavors. The flavors are so simple yet complex and tangy and well...just amazing!

      Delete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks so mouth-watering!

    Following your FB, Pinterest and SU.

    Also inviting you to join our meatless recipe blog hop/showcase at http://olahmomma.com/momlounge. You are also very welcome to add your blog here: http://olahmomma.com/momlounge/node/add/blog-list

    Hope to see ya there! Have a great day:)

    The Quiet Mom at http://olahmomma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will definitely check out your party. Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  12. Yum! I'm definitely going to pin this and try it. Good luck with the stove.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love when people share :) So far the newer stove is doing much better, but I now have steps/rituals I take before putting a pot or pan on the burner anymore...lol

      Delete
  13. This is definitely a dish I am going to make! How perfect it would be atop a bed of mixed greens! Thanks so much for sharing and linking up with us at Kids in the Kitchen. Hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it would be perfect with some mixed greens and maybe some pita bread if you didn't want to do the roasted potatoes...YUM! I hope you guys enjoy it :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks so much for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday! Looks so good! I love Greek food :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, that stove of yours is too much!
    This is a fantastic meal filled with flavors I know I'd enjoy. Thanks for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know and they wanted to fix it and leave it! I was not having that at all. It is a wonderful dish and easy too :)

      Delete
  16. The flavors here are superb! Thanks so much for sharing with us on Allergy Free Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for linking up to TheStuffofSuccess. This looks great and I wish you the best of luck with your "new" stove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! So far this stove is better. It's an older one from one of the vacant apartments, but it hasn't had any explosions yet so I am happy :)

      Delete
  18. this looks SO amazing, wow, will have to try this! Thanks for linking to Tasty Tuesday... wanted to let you know you will be featured at this weeks party! Come by and grab a featured button if you don't already have one! http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you really enjoy it :) Thanks so much for the feature I am heading over there now to grab the button!

      Delete
  19. Looks delish! Can't wait to try it out- thank you for linking up with Kids in the Kitchen - we're linking up again tomorrow (Tues) if you'd like to join us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you guys really enjoy it and look forward to the party tomorrow!

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!