Friday, March 9, 2012

Spinach and Cheese Manicotti

Yesterday I had a lovely experience with my stove.  Scared the living daylights out of me.  So I guess tonight is a perfect night to use the oven instead of the burner because I am not quite over that shock.  I was cooking a simple skillet meal when all of sudden the burner exploded sending a large ball of fire at me and put a hole in my awesome jumbo cooker I got from my dad for Christmas.  Fortunately he bought it from Bed, Bath, and Beyond so I will get an even exchange and the complex fixed my stove.  However, I am not quite ready to start using it again.

I guess I am a chicken and from everything I read it just happens sometimes due to age and other weakening of the coils.  I am just happy no one was hurt and I wasn't using the fryer to...well...deep fry. That would have been terrible!

Well I suppose that is enough of my near death experience (I know a little dramatic, but we are allowed to be that way once in a while...right?!?).  Since I am not ready to tackle the stove I decided to make a nice baked spinach and cheese manicotti that can be made ahead of time.



Spinach and Cheese Manicotti
1 Box Manicotti Noodles, uncooked
1 - 15oz container of Ricotta Cheese
4 oz Cream Cheese
1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
8 oz Shredded Mozzarella, plus 8 oz for topping (I used fresh, sliced mozzarella for the top)
2 Large Eggs
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
2 tsp Parsley
4 Cups of Spaghetti Sauce or 2 Jars
10 oz Package of Frozen Chopped Spinach, thawed with moisture squeezed out



  • In a large bowl mix together cheeses (except for topping), eggs, ricotta, cream cheese, seasonings, and spinach (I beat mine on high with a hand held mixer to fully combine)

  • Put 1-1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish, spread evenly, and set aside

  • Place the filling mixture in a piping bag or ziploc bag and pipe into the manicotti shells.  Hold the shell in one hand and squeeze bag from top to fill shells.  Put enough filling to over flow both ends and then place in sauce lined pan.  Repeat for the rest of the shells or until you run out of filling.

  • Cover the pasta with the remaining sauce, top with cheese, and cover with foil

  • At this point you can either place it in the fridge until you are ready to bake or bake it in a preheated 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.  Remove Foil and continue to bake uncovered for 10 more minutes.


This is a great dish to make for company.  It looks so pretty and tastes amazing!  But I am sucker for noodles and cheese ;)  How can you go wrong?  It's definitely worth the work!  


Linked to:

Permanent Posies  Ms. enPlace The Sweet Spot Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays Mandy‘s Recipe Box Things that make you say: mop it up mondays The Girl Creative Skip To My Lou Make-Ahead Meals for Busy Moms Making your home sing Mondays The DIY Dreamer Passionately Artistic It's Overflowing The Stuff of Success Cheap Recipes and Money-Saving Tips 52 Mantels Miz Helen’s Country Cottage Thrifty Texas Penny Mrs Happy Homemaker I Heart Nap Time Mixitup Our Delightful Home Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. sounds amazing love pasta and currently have a pasta giveaway on my blog you may want to check out as well come see me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Definitely filling and comforting. I will head over there and check it out! Thanks for telling me about it :)

      Delete
  2. With so much cheese, this recipe can't be bad! I'll definitely give this a try next time I'm in need of an indulgent dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so good! This would be a great change for us for dinner one night. Would love for you to link up: http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.com/p/link-party.html
    Have a great day! And I'm hoping no more stove episodes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So far so good with the stove, but it was really scary! I am heading over there right now and thanks for the invite :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for sharing! Can't wait to see what you post next :-) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  4. Sounds and looks amazing,Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by :) It is now one of my hubby's new favorite dishes...so rich, creamy, and just amazing!

      Delete
  5. Looks delish, great pics too. I would love for you to share at the weekly Anything Goes fri-monday linky this week at Bacon Time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy! I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com.

    PS: I am your newest Linky Follower!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is really scary. I don't blame you for not using the stove. But it looks like you came out of the ordeal with a great meal.

    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stove gave me another fit the other night, but I finally got a the complex to replace it. So far so good, but I am still keeping my fingers crossed ;)

      Delete
  8. Oh my does this look divine! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday! I hope you'll stop back soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks delicious! Love the spinach edition and the use of uncooked pasta. What a great way to stuff them without all the hassle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love stuffed pasta and this is the easiest way I have ever done it! It's always a pain handling cooked noodles, but that is just my opinion ;)

      Delete
  10. This looks delicious! I'm a fan of anything cheesy and I love spinach too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pasta and cheese are a favorite in our house. I love the flavor combo with pasta, cheese, and spinach. It's delicious, but makes me feel better because spinach is in it ;)

      Delete
  11. I'm officially hungry ;) Thanks so much for linking up at Live Laugh Linky! Hope to see you again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by and I will definitely come back this week :)

      Delete
  12. Well I'm sorry about your flaming experience but this manicotti looks awesome! Thank you so much for sharing at Mom On Timeout!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...I had another experience with sparks flying out of the part where the knobs are so the complex replaced my stove. It was a bit of a battle because they wanted to fix it and I was not having that at all! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!