Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Italian Dressing Mix

How many recipes call for Italian Dressing Mix or Italian Dressing?  Lots...at least many that I run into.  I never buy the mixes and rarely have Italian Dressing (we love vinaigrette...especially balsamic vinaigrette...yum!).  This is a simple solution for me and I love knowing exactly what is in the mix.


I have a pretty jar, but it is still drying so I have it in a ziploc container for now :)

Now we have to gather all the ingredients.  Nothing too crazy and I had everything on hand.  That's always plus.


Recipe adapted from Italian Dressing Mix on Allrecipe

Italian Dressing Mix:
1 TBS Garlic Salt
1 TBS Onion Powder
1 TBS White Sugar
2 TBS Dried Oregano
1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Dried Basil
1 TBS Dried Parsley
1/4 tsp Celery Salt
1/2 TBS Salt

  • Just mix everything together and combine it really well
  • Store in an airtight container
To make salad dressing whisk 1/4 cup white vinegar, 2 TBS water, 2 TBS dressing mix, and 1/2-2/3 cup olive oil or canola oil.

To substitute for a dry italian seasoning packet use about 1.5 TBS.

Easy peasy :)

2 comments:

  1. that sounds super easy, and I'm attempting to grow half of those herbs right now =). This is another one to add to my "to make myself" list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! As soon as we move out of our apartment I plan to have a garden again and would love to start growing my own herbs too!

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!