Thursday, March 22, 2012

Healthy Shopping

Well I normally wouldn't shop this early, but with this bet my hubby and I have going on I needed to get some good healthy snacks in the house.  Also with all the exercise we really needed some snacks that would give high energy.  So I went out and grabbed some snacks along with some items I will need for next month.  Also I will be doing my bulk monthly shopping a week early because I have a 10% off my entire order which will come in real handy :)  So keep an eye out to see all the great stuff that I find tomorrow!


Hen House Market
True North Pecan, Almond, and Peanut Clusters
$3.29

Sara Lee Honey Wheat Bread
$1.99

2 - Nabisco Wheat Thins (Fiber Selects)
$5 or $2.50 each

2 - Post Honey Bunches of Oats
$5 or $2.50 each

1 - Ruffles Natural Potato Chips
$3.99

1 - Tostitos Natural Corn Chips
$3.99

1 - Sunshine Cheez-It (for the kiddos)
$2.07

1 - Quaker Cinnamon Life Cereal
$2.99

6 - Belfonte Non Fat Yogurt
$3.30 or 55 cents each

2 - Sargento Light Cheese Snacks
$9.58 or $4.79 each

1 - Tyson All Natural Chicken Nuggets
$6.99

3 - Honey Suckle White Natural Ground Turkey Breast 1.2lbs each
$9 or $3 each

1 - 3lb Best Choice Boneless Skinless Chicken Tenders
$5.49

1 lb Carrots
99 cents

16 oz Strawberries
$3.99

Organic Blueberries
$2.99

5.53 lbs Bananas
$2.16

3.17 lbs Fuji Apples
$5.77

Total Paid:  $84.40
Total Saved:  $54.09


I am super excited with all the great healthy snacks we bought today.  I am hoping these will last a while, but I know I will need to do weekly produce runs from now on.  Which is fine and if I go over budget that is fine too.  I guess my goals have changed a little and my focus is more on our health than saving money.  Funny how we grow and change through time isn't it?

I also want to say how well we are doing with this new lifestyle.  I am proud to say I have been Diet Pepsi free for a week now (even with a 12-pack in the fridge and one in the cupboard!).  I have also been doing some sort of active activity for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour in the evening everyday.  With the new healthy eating (I eat 6 small meals a day jam packed with whole foods), increased activity, and the elimination of Diet Pepsi I have lost 4.6 lbs!  I know it's not much, but it is a great start and I am excited to move forward with this new lifestyle!


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!