Super Easy Cheesy Enchiladas
~ 1 large onion diced (optional) $0.40 (bought these right before thanksgiving on a great sale!)
~ 2 cans of enchilada sauce (you can make this if you prefer) $1.20 (Picked these up @ Target on clearance a few months ago and finally am using them!)
~ 16 oz shredded cheese $3.74
~ 8 tortillas flour or corn (my kids prefer flour) $1.50
~ Vegetable oil
- If you are using corn tortillas you will want to dip your tortillas in hot vegetable oil to make sure they are coated and warmed (3 quick dunks using tongs). If using flour tortillas you can omit this step.
- Dip tortillas in warmed enchilada sauce (important DO NOT skip this step!) and set on a plate to cool for a minute.
- Add cheese and onion in the middle of each tortilla, roll, and place seam side down in baking dish.
- Do this for all eight and then top with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly.
Total Cost: $6.84 or $1.71 per serving!