Thursday, November 10, 2011

I'm back!

I know I have been MIA for a loooooong time, but good news I am BACK!  My family recently relocated from Fort Myers, FL to beautiful Overland Park, KS.  We have been having lots of fun learning the new area and checking out all the fun family events going on.  We went to a cider mill (fresh cider and hot donuts...YUM!), the Kansas City Zoo, Mahaffie Stagecoach Stop (lots of fun history for everyone), the Deanna Rose Children's Farmstead (again lots of history and family fun!), and have just been enjoying all the parks we have here.  My daughter has started playing the Viola and is loving her new school.  She's been busy making new friends and taking advantage of all the fun extra activities offered at her school.  We are truly happy to be here and we are all adjusting to our new home.  Below are some pictures of the fun we have been having.
(My husband and the kids taking a relaxing break at Deanna Rose)

(The kids and I riding the Stagecoach)

(Trick or Treat Trail in Overland Park)
(Checking out the monkeys while attending Boo at the Zoo)

As you can see we have been having lots of fun and we are thoroughly enjoying ourselves here.  I am still couponing (of course!) and I have been building up my stockpile which has come at a great time lots of great sales on canned veggies, baking essentials, cereal, soups, and canned tomatoes.  So I am pretty stocked up at a minimal price which makes me very happy :)  Below is what I have been working on building up since we moved here.  This is just the stockpile closet.  I of course have my kitchen pantry, paper products closet (paper towel and toilet paper), freezer, and fridge stocked up as well. 



 
Don't forget to like My Road to Savings on Facebook so you never miss a great deal!

3 comments:

  1. great job girl love this page

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite a move. Have you found that couponing in Kansas is different from Florida. Do you have double coupons now?

    Thank you for participating in last week’s Wednesday Window @ Frugality Is Free. Congratulations you are this weeks featured blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to learn all the policies (not quite memorized yet) since they are all new stores to me, but it is relatively the same. No one accepts competitor coupons (that I know of) and only Hen House doubles manufacturer coupons $0.50 and under plus they allow stacking so that is a major benefit! Thanks so much for choosing my blog! I love your site and appreciate everything you do!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!