They were flavorful and perfect for dipping in the extra sauce from our stuffed shells. Super good and I just love the smell of fresh bread in the house. There are some leftovers so we will be using those for dipping into our beef stew tomorrow.
Homemade Cheese and Garlic Breadsticks
1-1/2 Cups Warm Water
2 TBS Sugar
1 Packet Yeast
3-1/2 to 4 Cups Flour
1/4 Butter, melted
3/4 Cup Mozzarella Cheese
2 TBS Dried Parsley
1 TBS Garlic Salt + some for sprinkling on top if you want
- Mix the water, sugar, and yeast. Let stand for 5 minutes
- Combine the garlic salt, parsley, and flour in a medium bowl
- Add flour mixture to yeast mixture one cup at a time until it is well mixed
- Knead the dough right in the bowl about 5-6 times and then let sit for 5 minutes
- Pour half of the melted butter in a sheet cake pan or large cookie sheet
- Place dough in center of the pan and let sit for about 3 minutes
- Spread the dough flat until it reaches the edge of the pan
- Pour the rest of the butter on top of the dough and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with garlic salt and mozzarella cheese
- With a pizza cutter cut in half and then cut strips to make breadsticks
- Place in a 170 degree oven for 7-10 minutes so the breadsticks can rise
- Turn the oven up to 350 and bake for about 12-15 minutes or until golden brown
- Let them rest for 5 minutes and then redefine the cuts with a pizza cutter
To stay connected and see more great recipes and tips find My Road to Savings on facebook and twitter!