Monday, January 16, 2012

Quick and Easy Salsa

Ever run out of salsa at the most inopportune time???  I know I have.  If there is one thing I always have on hand it is canned tomatoes.  So this recipe is inspired from the make your own salsa from canned tomatoes found HERE.  Ideally I like my salsa made out of fresh tomatoes, but this will definitely do in a pinch :)

Looks soooooo GOOD!

1 can Diced Tomatoes, drain most of the liquid
1 can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chili's, drained
1/2 small Onion, Diced Fine
2 TBS Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped (I freeze my prepped cilantro so I can quickly pull it out and add to recipes)
1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes (optional)

I put my tomatoes in a blender and then pulse until I get my desired consistency.  This step is completely optional and unnecessary.  I just prefer my tomatoes broken up a bit.  Combine everything and store in an airtight container.  Chill for a couple of hours before serving to combine flavors. 

Play with it and make it your own.  Add some lime juice or green pepper.  It is all up to you, but this is a great base for a mild chunky salsa.  Great with chips or used for cooking :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!