Sunday, January 15, 2012

Little Change

There has been a slight change to my meal plan.  I had a friend come over from out of town yesterday and wouldn't you figure the soup I made for dinner was a major flop!  It smelled wonderful, but it separated and looked terrible.  There was no way I could serve that so we decided to order Chinese Take Out.  No big deal, but I was a bit disappointed that we couldn't enjoy the Chicken Pot Pie Soup I planned on making. 

Tonight I made cheesy chicken pasta with tomatoes and mushrooms which was really good.  Tomorrow I will still make the Cilantro Lime Chicken and Tuesday I will make the stuffed shells.  After that I will be back in track :)

Even though there is a plan it just goes to show that changes can be made.  It is important to remain flexible because you never know what will come up.  Normally we would have ate up items we had in the freezer like the soup and stews, but I didn't think that was a proper way to entertain ;) 

Check back tomorrow to see how the cilantro lime chicken is made and how we liked it.  Head on over to facebook or twitter to stay up to date with My Road to Savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!