Thursday, January 12, 2012

Pizza Night



Tonight we are making homemade pizza's with the pizza crust I was sent from Udi's.  I am excited to take a break from cooking and to enjoy some family time over a fresh pizza tonight.  Even though I LOVE to cook it is always nice to take a little break.  We a deserve it once in a while right?!? 

Friday is my shopping day so watch to see how I did on my bi-weekly shopping excursion.  My fridge and freezer are pretty bare so it is definitely a much needed trip.  My husband made comment to me about this yesterday, but like I told him it's a good thing.  To me it shows we are actually eating the food.  We have not thrown away any food since the beginning of the new year.  This is something I am really proud of.  Leftovers have been used for lunch and with limited snacks in the house everyone grabs the leftovers to eat instead. 

 On Saturday I plan on making my own dishwasher detergent.  I haven't decided yet if I am going to buy dish soap or make that too.  I am kind of on the fence about that one.  Mainly because if both don't work well I will have no way of cleaning my dishes.  So I think I will buy a small bottle of dish soap and hold off on that until I know how the dishwasher detergent will work.

And then on Sunday I plan to bake a bunch of cookies and freeze them so we have treats over the next couple of weeks.  I am going to make the Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies again.  The kids love them, they are easy to make, and they smell wonderful! (but what cookie doesn't..right?!?) 

That's my plan for the next few days.  Nothing too exciting, but that is alright with me.  I am really excited about the dishwasher detergent and can't wait to see how it works!  For all my Midwest buddies stay warm and enjoy the beautiful snow!  We only got about an inch...BOO!!!  Go figure I move back to the Midwest and no real winter...lol.  I'm not crazy I just miss the snow.  I grew up in Michigan and was stuck in Florida the past 5 years so when we moved to Kansas I was really excited.  Hopefully we'll get some substantial snow this year!

2 comments:

  1. Homemade pizza nights are a big hit at our house :) Thanks for stopping by my blog...following you back!

    http://www.wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza nights are the best :) Tonight was even better because we had hot cocoa to ward off the chilly 5 degree weather we are having tonight....brrrr! Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!