Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Meal Plan 1/13 - 1/27



It is getting to be that time again.  We have successfully made it two weeks without grocery shopping.  I went to pick up more milk and the supplies for my Homemade Laundry Soap, but that is it.  Since I will be over budget this month the next couple of weeks I am scaling back on the meals and we are having lots of soups.  It is perfect timing though because it looks like the weather will begin to become a bit chilly.  I am excited for the cooler weather and to warm up with some great hearty soups.  I will most likely go over budget this month, but hopefully it won't be by too much and my savings will be made up over the next month.

Here are the meals I plan on making over the next couple of weeks:

Friday - Take Out
Saturday - Stuffed Shells w/ Side Salad and Bread
Sunday - Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Monday - Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken w/ Saffron Rice and Beans
Tuesday - Baked Cheesy Chicken Penne w/ Green Beans & Tomatoes with a side salad
Wednesday - Beef Stew w/ Bread
Thursday - Crescent Pepperoni Roll-Ups w/ Salad and Fruit
Friday - Chicken Stir Fry w/ Rice
Saturday - Corn Chowder w/ Bread
Sunday - White Cheddar Chicken Pasta w/ Broccoli and Side Salad
Monday - Orange Chicken w/ Fried Rice (scroll to the bottom to get the fried rice recipe)
Tuesday - Italian Wedding Soup
Wednesday - General Tso's Chicken w/ Chinese Green Beans and Rice
Thursday - Beef Barley Soup w/ Bread
Friday - Pizza or Take Out

I also plan on making some Soft and Chewy Molasses Cookies for a sweet treat throughout the next couple of weeks.  I have tons of pudding or Jell-O in my pantry that I can make as well.  I can't believe it has been a month since I have bought any "boxed" treats and honestly no one has complained.  This past week I made brownies and frozen yogurt dipped strawberries for everyone to enjoy.  The food waste has been completely abolished.  I have not thrown away anything with the exception of dropped food by my toddler ;) 

My list is all drafted up for Friday and I know which stores I need to go to for each item.  I have a few coupons I will be using.  I did a quick once through my old coupon binder (it's pretty bare now, but that's alright with me!) and then I did a quick search for items I am purchasing in a coupon database like the one found HERE.  I only searched for coupons on a few items and skipped the items I know wouldn't have coupons (like fresh produce, herbs, and fresh meat).  Here are the items I need to pick up this week:

3 – 3lb bags Chicken
Ground Beef
2 – Cheap Roasts
Italian Cheese Blend w/ Provolone
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
String Cheese
Ricotta Cheese
White Cheddar
Crescent Rolls
Beef Broth 32 oz
Chili Powder
Sugar
Brown Sugar
Frozen Spinach
Mixed veggies
Orange Juice Concentrate
Barley
Rotini
Jumbo Pasta Shells
Ditalini
Rice
Cilantro
Chives
Salad x 2
Bananas
Onions
Broccoli
Potatoes
Celery
Eggs
4 - Juice
Pop
4 - Milk

Quite the list, but not too bad when you figure this is for 2 weeks of meals.  I can't wait to start cooking some of these meals.  They sound and look so yummy.  And of course stop back to see how we liked them and how I made them.  You can always stay updated by finding My Road to Savings on facebook and twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!