Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Creamy Tortellini Alfredo

I am so happy this meal was quick, easy, and yummy.  I can't stop sneezing, my eyes are burning, and my head is pounding.  It would be a great day for soup, but my family is boycotting soup because I have been making too much lately :(  This dish took little to no effort and used what I had on hand.  I got my inspiration for this recipe HERE.



Creamy Tortellini Alfredo
1 Cup Half and Half
3 TBS Butter
1 Package Frozen Tortellini
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
3/4 to 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
1 TBS Cornstarch
1 Cup Frozen Peas
8 oz Diced Ham

  • Heat half and half and butter over medium low heat, whisking often
  • Meanwhile bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare tortellini as directed on the package
  • Add salt, pepper, and nutmeg to cream mixture and mix well
  • When pasta is drained, set aside
  • Whisk cheese into cream mixture until fully melted and combined
  • Increase heat to high, add cornstarch, and whisk constantly until thickened (about 1-2 minutes)
  • Immediately remove from heat
  • Add peas, ham, and pasta and fully combine (place back on low if needed to heat ham and peas)
This was so simple and we served ours with my Homemade Bread that I made today.  A nice side salad would be great too, but I was not feeling up to making anything else.  Not that it takes any real effort to make a salad, but that should show you how tired I really am.  Anyway off to get in some comfy jammies and hopefully I will be feeling better tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Looks YUMMY ! Thanks for sharing such wonderful recipes !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! And thankfully easy to make. Hopefully I get over this cold soon so I can get back to cooking :)

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!