Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sour Cream and Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

When I saw this recipe on Pinterest stating these are the best enchiladas ever I knew I had to try them.  I really love enchiladas and have tons of recipes for different kinds, but have never tried this version.  The original recipe can be found HERE. I did make a couple of changes to the sauce because I thought the original recipe called for way to much.  I still had enough to drench these babies so I think if I made the full amount half would have been tossed.  They are close to another recipe I make (which is my FAVORITE enchilada recipe ever!) and can be found HERE.




Sour Cream and Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas

2 large Chicken Breasts, cooked and finely chopped (or shredded)
2 Cups Shredded Cheese
10 Flour Tortillas
1-1/2 TBS Butter
1-1/2 TBS Flour
1 Cup Chicken Broth
1/2 Cup Sour Cream
1 4oz can of Chopped Green Chiles
  • Combine chicken and 1 cup shredded cheese, add to tortillas (I use an ice cream scoop), roll up, and place in a greased baking pan
  • In a small saucepan melt butter over medium heat and then add flour
  • Fully combine with a whisk and cook for 1 minute
  • Slowly add chicken broth whisking constantly until smooth
  • Continue to cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly (whisking often you don't want it to clump or burn on the bottom)
  • Remove from heat, add sour cream and chiles, and stir to thoroughly combine
  • Spoon mixture over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese
  • Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbly


Serve with tortilla chips, mexican rice and beans, and any other desired toppings.

In the end I thought these were alright.  I definitely wouldn't say they are the best, but they are still good.  I think the chicken needs some seasoning for them to be really good.  I will also add some onion next time.  With those changes I think these definitely have some potential to be very good.  

2 comments:

  1. I just love enchiladas and these sound like they could be pretty darn good. Thanks for sharing the recipe. I think I might make a few modifications but I think I see an enchilada dinner in my future this week! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sauce is really creamy and good I just think the chicken needs some more flavor :) I hope you enjoy it!

      Delete

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!