Before any of the car issues began we went and bought a new washer and dryer. Which I LOVE! I am using my homemade detergent in them without an issue and the washer is a top load HE so that may answer some questions people may have had about that. Nothing like forking out tons of money in one week. But I won't complain because I was able to pay for everything without any issues. It could be worse, right?!?
But enough of my rambling...let's take a peak at the one fun project I was able to complete with my daughter this week. We made her Valentine Box for school. It was super easy and I think she decorated it perfect!
Here's what you will need:
- Empty Capri Sun Box
- Wrapping Paper
- Hot Glue Gun
And Here is how we did it:
- Take a Capri Sun box and hot glued the open end shut.
- Then cut a hole for the treats and cards on the widest edge of the box.
- Wrap it with some wrapping paper. I used pink wrapping paper I found at Walmart for 97 cents. I did wrap it twice since I chose a light pink and otherwise you would see the Capri Sun logo ;)
- When it was fully wrapped feel for the hole you cut and then put a slit from end to end in the middle.
- Fold the sliced paper inside the box and secure it by placing small pieces of tape on edge of the sliced paper and inside of the box, repeat for the other end.
|She wrote her name in the name tag, but I blocked it out. I am sure you all understand :)|
When I finished the above it was my daughters turn to decorate. I gave her some stamps and card stock stickers, each found at Walmart for only 97 cents. She then decorated away. Such a pretty job and she is super excited to bring it to school and collect all her goodies! Now how is that for less than $3? Super easy, super cute, and of course super satisfying for the kiddos because they get to add their personal touches.
Make sure you find My Road to Savings on facebook, twitter, and now Google+ so you don't miss any great tips and updates!