Monday, February 27, 2012

Creole Chicken & Sausage

My inspiration for this dish comes from Eating With MiMi and can be found HERE.  This is an easy (just dump everything in your crock pot) meal.  Let me tell you once this starts cooking your house smells AMAZING!  So if you are going to be sitting home while this cooks just be warned, it will make you hungry ;)



Creole Chicken & Sausage
1 lb Chicken, diced
1 Green Pepper, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 can Diced Tomatoes, undrained (14 oz)
1 can Tomato Sauce (15 oz)
Few shakes of hot pepper sauce (I did about 3 because my group doesn't like spicy, but add more if you like heat)
2 Green Onions, chopped
1 cup Water
1 Onion, diced
1 package Smoked Sausage, sliced (16 oz)
1-2 cups White Rice, cooked

  • Combine everything except sausage and rice in the crock pot and then cook on low for 5-6 hours
  • Add sausage 1 hour before serving
  • Add rice immediately before serving
Super easy and quick to make!  Can't get much easier than that!  Everyone loved this, but I needed more spice.  Nothing a few extra shakes of hot sauce can't fix :)  Yummy!  ENJOY!

Don't forget to find My Road to Savings on facebooktwitter, or Google+ to stay up to date with all the great tips, tricks, and recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!