Hot beef sandwiches are so easy to make and is something everyone loves. It is so comforting and homey. I love dishes like that and it seems they are best enjoyed on a cool crisp fall evening, doesn't it???
So let's get this party started! On with the yummy deliciousness!
Hot Beef Sandwiches
3 lbs beef chuck roast
1-2 TBS oil
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
3.5 cups fat free beef stock
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 cup cold water
bread slices and mashed potatoes
- Season the roast with salt, pepper, and garlic
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Brown roast on all sides then place in the crock pot
- Pour 2 cups of beef stock over the roast, cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Remove roast and shred or slice (however you prefer)
- Pour the stock from the crock pot and remaining 1.5 cups in a medium saucepan and heat over medium high heat until hot
- In a small bowl mix together cornstarch and water
- Add to broth mixture and reduce heat to medium
- Stir constantly and bring to a boil
- Boil for 1-2 minutes or until gravy has thickened
- Place bread slices on a plate, top with mashed potatoes, beef, and smoother with gravy!
Completely drool worthy! How can you go wrong with all that goodness on one plate?!? Oh and no nutritional info on this one guys. Obviously it is loaded with carbs so lots of calories there, but honestly it will be so different for each person depending on what kind of bread and how they make there potatoes. Plus it is Friday and I am not counting today...remember popcorn, twizzlers, hot cocoa....yeah I am over on calories today BIG time, but that is alright. We need to enjoy ourselves and I still love family moments with good old comfort food! :)