It takes no time at all to make so it makes a great week night meal. It will be ready and on your table in less than 30 minutes. And the best part is you could add chicken or turkey if you require meat in your meals and you can definitely add more veggies. I think zucchini and squash would be great in here. Through in some wilted spinach and you're all set! I will say this really does need some "beefing" up. Next time I will add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar instead of pasta water. It will give it the zip it needs!
Tuscan Roasted Veggie Pasta
1 bell pepper cut into strips (I used red, but any color would work!)
1/4 sweet onion cut into strips
1 pint cherry tomatoes
2 TBS minced garlic
1 TBS olive oil
1 TBS italian seasoning
1/2 TBS dried basil
1 box whole wheat pasta
2 TBS capers
1/4 cup pasta water (I will use balsamic vinegar next time to give it some zip!)
- Place veggies, garlic, and seasoning in a small bowl
- Drizzle olive oil over veggies and toss to coat
- Place veggies in a single layer of a foil lined cookie sheet
- Bake in a preheated 475 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes or until veggies are tender check every 10 minutes and kinda toss veggies a little by giving the pan a little shake
- While veggies are roasting prepare pasta as directed on the package
- Drain pasta and set aside
- Add pasta water or balsamic vinegar to pasta pot and add veggies simmer at moderate heat for about 5 minutes, remove from heat
- Add capers and pasta and toss to coat
- Top with fresh grated parmesan and enjoy!
Such a yummy dish with tons of potential. Roast your favorite combination of veggies and make it your own :)
The nutritional value is per serving. This recipe yields approximately 6 servings.