Saturday, September 15, 2012

Weekly Meal Plan

Can I just say how much I am loving this weather?!?  We've been hiking again since it has been so much cooler and more enjoyable.  Everyday has included a trip to the park or the arboretum.  I enjoy this time of year so much more than the hot temps of summer and want to spend as much time as possible outside.

So that means less time in the kitchen.  You all know how much I love cooking, but before we know it the weather will be too cold to spend endless hours outside so for now I am planning easy and quick meals.  I do love my heart warming fall meals so there I am excited to bring soups, stews, and chili back to the menu.  Those foods are so much better when the temps are starting to fall aren't they???

Anyway let's get the ball rolling and check out the meal plan for this week.


Taco Casserole is a family favorite that I have made for years.  I will post the recipe tomorrow.

Roasted Chicken and Veggies is a one dish oven bake that is flavored with dried herbs and some balsamic vinegar.  So yummy!  I will post this recipe as soon as I make it!

Spaghetti is made with my homemade spaghetti sauce which I will add ground beef and onion too.

Chicken and Dumpling Stew - Always a favorite this time of year!

Sausage and Potato skillet is made with italian sausage, herbs, and italian seasonings super yummy and easy! I will post this recipe as soon as I make it as well.

Oven BBQ'd Chicken is a baked to perfection in the oven!

Cheese and Spinach Manicotti - This is one of our favorite recipes.  I just love all the flavors of this dish and it is such a comforting meal!

Now that we know what is on the menu for the week it is time to make up the grocery list.  I have included all the main ingredients needed, but left out staples such as seasonings, nuts, fruits, or other items that I have in my fridge, freezer, or pantry.  So double check your cupboards before heading to the store!


There you have it!  If you need more ideas check out some of my previous posts on meal planning like this one HERE or HERE which also shows you how I prepare the food weekly so it is ready to just grab and go!


1 comment:

What do you think? I'd love to hear from you!