I found this recipe for Skillet Pork Chops Florentine over at AllRecipes.com and decided to give it a try. It looks simple enough. Basically done in 30 minutes so that is plus. And it has all my family's favorites...pasta sauce, spinach, and cheese. How could we pass that up?!?
|A great filling meal!|
|The yummy goodness after it came out of the broiler|
Skillet Pork Chops Florentine Adapted from All Recipes
4 pork chops, you could definitely add 2-4 more if you need to (seasoned with garlic salt, pepper, and seasoned salt)
24 oz pasta sauce
1 small onion, sliced thin
10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2 TBS olive oil
4 oz reduced fat shredded mozzarella
- Heat oil in a large skillet and brown pork chops over medium-high heat then set aside
- Add onions and saute until tender, about 2-3 minutes
- Add pasta sauce and spinach and bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to low and add pork chops
- Continue cooking for about 10-15 minutes or until pork chops are cooked through
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and place under the broiler for about 3-5 minutes or until cheese is fully melted and golden
This is definitely a yummy dish and there weren't any leftovers. Everyone really loved the spinach. I had no issues getting anyone to eat everything up. Super easy and quick to make which is a major bonus!
Below is the nutritional value per serving. This recipe yields 4 servings.